We are excited to offer the only online LGBT Awareness For Law Enforcement course in the country! This class is open to all law enforcement professionals and students interested in learning more about the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people and about how law enforcement can better understand and serve this segment of our community.
The course includes five modules that are designed to address the following learning outcomes.
- The student will explain the difference between sexual orientation and gender identity.
- The student will define terminology used to describe sexual orientation and gender identity.
- The student will identify ways to create an inclusive workplace and to support LGBTQ+ co-workers.
- The student will identify key moments in the LGBTQ+ civil rights movement.
- The student will understand how hate crimes and domestic violence impact LGBTQ+ people.
“The training has been really beneficial for our officers. We have included it into our anti-bias training program.” – Sergeant Bryan Ridge,
Breckenridge, Colorado Police Department
Most people can complete this training within 4 hours, but you can spend as much time exploring the optional resources provides as you wish. You will need a copy of our book, “Coming Out From Behind The Badge – 2nd Edition.” If you don’t yet have a copy, you can order one in print or digital format from a number of online book sellers.
At the end of the course, you will take a quiz that will make you eligible for a training certificate from Out To Protect.